The Power To Protect
Your home, your business, your loved ones. Rely on Heartland Security to safeguard what matters most.
Federated Rural Electric, along with 13 other electric cooperatives, formed Heartland Security Services. Together, Heartland Security Services partners are installing alarm and security systems in western and southern Minnesota, plus northwestern Iowa. Visit http://www.heartlandss.com/ for more information.
You wouldn't trust just anybody with your home security...and you'll sleep better knowing a security system protects your home and family. Easy-to-operate security systems are designed to carefully guard and monitor what needs protecting 24 hours a day, year-round, whether you're at home or not.
What will a Heartland Security Security system do?
When an alarm in your home is triggered, your system alerts Heartland Security's award-winning call center in Rockford, Minnesota. They dispatch the proper authorities.
Heartland will customize your security system to best meet your individual needs and our trained installers will teach you and your family how to use the system properly.
Basic elements of a system include a control panel, a siren, an inside motion detector and door and window sensors. More options can be added to protect your home and family from a number of additional concerns:
- Smoke and fire sensors
- Glass break sensors
- High/low temperature sensors
- Ventilation sensors
- Latch key features
- Medic Alert Panic Buttons
- Carbon monoxide detectors
- Livestock monitoring
Heartland Security packages start at $95.
Installing a security system could also be good for your pocketbook. You may save 10 to 15 percent on your homeowners' insurance premium.
Tips to help keep your home secure:
- Don't be predictable. Once inside, thieves do just what you do when you come home: they head for the bedroom. That's where most people keep their valuables. A jewelry box on top of your dresser is very easy to find.
- Keep trees and hedges trimmed. This gives intruders fewer places to hide while they plot to break into your home.
- Keep your doors locked. Even though this sounds simple, you may be surprised that in almost half of all home burglaries, intruders enter through an unlocked door.
*Resource: National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association