Electrical Distribution Lineworker Positions Available
Federated Rural Electric Cooperative headquartered in Jackson MN is in search of 2 experienced lineworkers committed to excellent customer service, the ability to present a positive image for our cooperative and be committed to a safe working attitude and culture. We have vacancies at our Welcome outpost as well as our Jackson facility. Successful and motivated candidates will become part of the Federated family working in all aspects of safe operations, maintenance and construction of our electrical distribution system, including our substations. Position requires a valid Class A CDL driver’s license for interstate commerce. Air brake endorsement required. Graduation from an accredited power line school and if applicable, enrollment in an apprenticeship program with hours tracked. Successful candidates must proficiently construct and maintain the overhead and underground electrical distribution system within the appropriate specifications and standards so that reliable service is provided in a safe and quality manner for our members. Some tasks include but not limited to are:
• Construct overhead lines including framing, setting poles, stringing conductor, installing electrical devices and apparatus
• Installation of primary and secondary underground facilities, including cable prep and terminating
• Plow and trench cable, as well as operation of backhoe
• Troubleshoot, repair and or replace electrical distribution and substation equipment
• Perform general troubleshooting
• Analyze and understand complex situations that lead to restoration of service
Successful candidates will be required to meet the following conditions:
• Live within a 15-minute response time for afterhours member response
• Become qualified for on-call rotation to handle emergencies that may occur at all hours of the day or night.
• Proficient in pole climbing, bucket and digger operation as well as rescue techniques
• Ability to meet the physical standards of the job: Lift & carry up to 75 lbs.; Push/pull up to 150 lbs.; climb & work at heights that may exceed 60 feet.
• Ability to read and understand written work documents such as charts, diagrams, schematics and staking sheets.
• Mechanical aptitude to work with machines and equipment.
Federated Rural Electric offers a competitive wage and an attractive benefits package. The wage scale, along with the candidate's experience level, will determine starting wage.
Candidates must submit a completed job application which can be found on our website at www.federatedrea.coop under the employment tab. Applications and resumes with references will be accepted until August 12, 2019 which can be mailed to Federated REA, 77100 Highway 71, PO Box 69, Jackson MN 56143 or emailed to: email@example.com.